How to Register
A student is admitted to Marietta Christian School on the basis of former records, interview, and placement testing. Entrance tests may be given to prospective students at any time during the year. The status of current students will be reviewed yearly and the students will be re-enrolled on the basis of academic progress and disciplinary record.
- Parents should secure information concerning the school, complete and submit the application for admission.
- Students will be tested, if the principal or teacher deems necessary.
- The principal will personally talk with the family concerning enrollment and discuss the academic level and the results of testing.
- A final decision on acceptance will be rendered as soon as possible after proper consultation on proper factors.
- The registration fee must be paid before a student can be formally enrolled
- Students must have reached the age of five on or before November 1 in order to enroll in the kindergarten program. Students must have reached the age of four on or before November 1 in order to enroll in the K-4 program.
- A birth certificate and shot record must be presented when enrolling the student.
- NONDISCRIMINATORY POLICY: Marietta Christian School admits students of any race, color, national, and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national, and ethnic origin in administration of its educational policies, or other school-administered programs.
- A statement of cooperation must be signed by all parents and students (grades 7-12).
- Parents must bring or secure a transcript of the students records from the school previously attended. The school reserves the right to withdraw a student from the program if misrepresentation of the child's status or ability is evidenced.
- New students entering after the beginning of school will be charged a full month if entering before the 15th, and charged one-half month if entering on or after the 15th.
- Students enrolling in the school for the first time must show evidence of having had the required immunizations. The State of Ohio requires the following: 4 DPT, 3 Polio, and 1 measles.
A minimum of twenty-three credits must be earned in the areas listed below for a student to be awarded a high school diploma from Marietta Christian School:
(Grammer, Composition, Spelling,
Literature-American, English, World)
(World History & Cultures, US History,
American Government & Geography)
(Algebra I, Geometry,
Algebra II or Applied Math)
(Physical Science, Biology, Chemistry)
Marietta Christian School provides a student with a thorough, traditional education for both college and non-college bound students. The basic requirements are designed as a college preparatory program. The high school program provides adequate background to take the SAT and ACT examinations.